Clothes-tastrophe averted!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • Reddit
  • RSS




I don't know what my deal is lately. I just can not find what I want to wear. Or I will find what I want to wear, only to realize it doesn't want to wear me. Or it's not comfortable. Or something. Today started out as that kind of day. I have this little "denim" dress I wanted to wear, but only for the skirt. I put it on. I put a top over it...and it just looked wrong. So. I found this other amazing flowy skirt from Tommy Hilfiger {another hand me down from the MIL - she buys REALLY nice clothing} but I couldn't find the right kind of blouse to go with it. I really think it needs a peasant blouse like the one below...but I don't have one.

So, I was lucky this morning and my wife came to the rescue and put this number together for me. I have an awards banquet to go to tonight with my boss because we were awarded a grant that we applied for. It's kind of exciting and I want to look professional and not over the top. This works. The green really stands out with all the black I think. AND - I get to wear these amazing earrings that I love and rarely wear. :) *WIN WIN* 

True Colors
Better Picture - jacket and dress are from Chicos - lime green tank is Laura Ashley


From Payless

Dots - purchased 3 years ago - worn MAYBE 5 times

Dots - used to have matching earrings - but I lost one 

2 people rocked my socks to “Clothes-tastrophe averted!”

  1. We all get in to a funk some time. I know I do.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love meeting new readers/bloggers! You totally have me craving a peasant blouse just like that now. I want to wear it with highwaisted jeans and wedge sandals and feel all 70s! And I think the outfit you went with for the award banquet is perfect - looks nice and professional but not stuffy at all!
    http://www.dlynne16.blogspot.com