The sun'll come out....tomorrow!!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • Reddit
  • RSS

I am still waiting on Spring in case you can't tell from my bright colors and big floral patterns. It was cold and dark and rainy and just all together BLECH outside today. They even forecast the possibility of some SNOW today or tonight. UGH! There was a TAD bit of sunshine from 2:15-2:23 today. Not that I was watching the clock or anything to see how long it stuck around or anything...or...maybe I was. So what?!?! 
peep-toe shoes from thrift store in NYC for a quarter
necklace and earring set from MIL for Xmas, earrings from Bon-Ton, bracelet from Dots about a million years ago



I felt really comfortable in this outfit today. It came together much better than I even had imagined it would. I almost wore my red heels with this outfit, but then I found the utterly cute little peep-toe pumps in the above picture and I decided to just wear those because I hadn't worn them yet. 

And now...Today, class, we will be studying anatomy. The anatomy of the outfit. I took a clue from my awesome, encouraging, and super sweet friend Melissa and turned a dress into a totally new outfit.  What you see above is not just a cute skirt with some layering. Ohhhhhh no. There is sooo much more going on here. Follow along in the pictures below to see how we got to the completed look. 
This dress was my engagement party dress - purchased on sale at Burlington Coat Factory

Add a black cami to conceal the pattern and a colored tank from Chico's in a corresponding color

Top that all off with a great cardi from Coldwater Creek
Let me know what you all think of how I pulled it together!!! Have a great rest of the week!!! 

2 people rocked my socks to “The sun'll come out....tomorrow!!!”

  1. You did a great job with this outfit. It is super cute. I haven't try the layer dress look yet.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

  1. Taylor says:

    Loving this. I never think to layer up a dress as a skirt. Also your dress looks SO similar to my wedding dress - but mine is just a black and white print, no fun flowers. I did wear red pumps with it though. Cheers to being non-traditional!